Whether cruising to Komodo or Alor Islands, Ombak Biru’s trip starts and finishes in Bali, Indonesia. Generally, our guests enter and leave Indonesia through Ngurah Rai International Airport which has excellent connections to the major cities around the world.
Major airlines currently serving Ngurah Rai International Airport, Bali includes Airasia, Cathay Pacific, China Airlines, China Eastern Airlines, Garuda Indonesia, Jetstar Airways, Malaysian Airlines, Singapore Airlines, Korean Air, Thai Airways, KLM and many more.
The current time in Bali (UTC+8) is:
The official currency is Indonesia Rupiah (IDR)
US Dollar: 1.00 USD = 8,985.00 IDR
Indonesian Rupiah: 1 IDR = 0.000111297 USD
Our embarkation island of Bali has seen huge development in recent years and there is a huge variety of shops and department stores to get pretty much whatever you need. Contact our office here in Bali if you need to know about something specific.
Below is a list that will help you make your trip more comfortable:
- A 5mm wetsuit is highly recommended to keep snug during a dive- with a minimum of 3mm advisable.
- A sweatshirt to keep snug after a night dive.
- A photocopy of your passport in case of emergency - and make sure you have atleast 6 months to run on it and a minimum of 2 full blank pages.
- Clean, new currency - money changers in Bali normally gives a better rate for it.
- Insect repellent for land excursions and sun screen for sunbathing on deck.
- Running shoes or hiking boots for land excursions.
- And a good book for those relaxing moments - there are plenty on board if you run out.
Indonesia has a VOA (Visa On Arrival) policy that came into effect in August 2004. Visitors have to pay a fee of $25 to immigration officials at the airport, this entitles foreign nationals from 65 countries to a maximum 30 day stay in the country.
Alternatively it can be pre-purchased from the Indonesian embassy or consulate in your country, for a slightly higher fee. We recommend purchase at the point of entry into Indonesia.
The 64 countries that require a VOA are listed below, as of January 2010:
- Czech Republic
- New Zealand
- Saudi Arabia
- Slovak Republic
- South Africa
- South Korea
- Taiwan PRC
- Timor Leste
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom (British)
- United States of America
If you are coming to Indonesia for more than 30 days, a 60 day visa can be purchased prior to arrival from the Indonesian embassy in your country of origin only. Up to date information can be obtained from the following website: http://www.embassyofindonesia.org/consular/voa.htm
It is also worth remembering that a Rp.150,000 exit tax is payable on departure and that passport must be valid for a minimum of 6 months and at least 2 full blank pages in the passport.